Bigger is better!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

HYTERICAL WOMAN!

Last night I was happily on my way to Orem to watch Io perform and to love my sweet boys. Life was carefree when all of a sudden my car started making strange noises and it began overheating. As I pulled off the exit all of the lights came on and my car just stopped in the middle of the road. I put it in park and turned on the hazards and called AAA. I thought "I've got everything under control", but I have to admit I spoke to soon. This was just the calm before the storm! Just as the AAA operator got on the phone the water works started and not just your average tears either!! I began to sob uncontrollably (you know the kind of crying that happens and you can't breath). You know things have gotten bad when the operator out of concern says, "ok Leah just breath, you are gonna be ok". I was truly pathetic. I in turn through my tears replied, "ok, I'm sorry". Of course the tears did not stop. As I am talking to the operator a guy pulls over and pushes me to the side and asks if I am going to be ok. I reply "yes" through sobs and he asks "are you sure"? At this point I'm so out of control that I don't think he can even understand what I'm saying. LOL!! He could not get out of there fast enough. Men can not handle crying women much less a strange crying women.

I then call Elizabeth to tell her I am not coming and she is trying to help me pull it together but my sanity is long gone at this point. I tell her that my sister Rachael is on her way and that AAA is sending a tow truck. Well Rachael gets there and I am laying in my car in the fetal position crying. I mean that literally. I am completely out of control at this point. The next call is going to be an ambulance. I procede to get in her car and she looks at my red almost swollen shut eyes and tells me "in through your nose out through your mouth". I warm up and start breathing. All of a sudden a man in a car pulls in front of my car. We think he has come to help, how nice! What really happened is his GPS told him to turn onto the off ramp and he is angry and swearing. To top it off he gets stuck in the snow. He finally gets unstuck and pulls away.

Shortly after this my Chubby and greasy Italian tow truck driver shows up and to add insult to injury he is a big fat jerk. I even had the opportunty to see his crack a couple of times. GROSS! He then asks me where we are taking the car and I say Sandy and he yells, "I know give me the address". I am not sure if he realizes that I am a large hysterical woman and that in this condition we are filled with super human strength. So after I fight the urge to rip his arm off and feed it to him I get in Rachael's car and she kindly drives me home. I must say that I have the best friends and family. You will all be happy to know that I am not in prison for assaulting the tow truck driver and I have even stopped crying. I hope you enjoyed my hysterics and stay tuned for more to come.

12 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

Leah, you are TOOOOOO funny! The world does need to know that even us "large women" have breakdowns (the emotional ones) every now and then! :-)

February 21, 2008 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

I had totally lost my mind.

February 21, 2008 at 10:58 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Can I say, I thought that we were friends. I thought I would have been one of the first to know you had a blog. OMG(to quote the commercial), if you want to talk about hysterics, imagine me when I had to find out from Echo that you had a blog. Click on my name and check out my way cool blog. Miss you, love you...

February 21, 2008 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Leah, I'm glad you have a blog...it will be MUCH easier to stalk you now.

Sorry about your car and that rude tow truck driver, but....it is a funny story.

I love you!

February 21, 2008 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger Aramie Judd Christopherson said...

I'm sorry to hear about your bastard tow-truck driver. I wish I had been there to comfort you. I would have slapped you across the face and yelled "pull it together, sister!" I have a blog somewhere in here, but I can never find it. I love you.
AJ

February 21, 2008 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger gigi said...

Leah, do you need a few happy pills??? What is up with all the water works. It must have been the disappointment of not seeing Elizabeth and her boys!! Things should only get better from here! I don't see my name listed at one of your friends? Oh, I know, you can list me under your favorite AUNT! Cheer up, girlfriend.

February 21, 2008 at 1:57 PM  
Blogger echoeve said...

You should totally list me under your favorites. I love the story and you need to make an effort to update.

February 21, 2008 at 6:48 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I will comment again in a little bit after I actually read your post...I'm still getting over the fact that you've joined the blogging world...and I love it...yes...I can't wait to catch up...Tara!
halebtblog.blogspot.com
ps-can you get your sister to start one?!

February 22, 2008 at 9:10 AM  
Blogger Jordan Kay said...

Ok so you are totally the funniest person ever...EVER! I am sorry about your car though. I blew a tire in my mercedes the other day AND bent the rim... yeah so $400 for a rim and $800 for tires. They must think that cause you drive a mercedes you can afford to fix it! NOT!They totally need to understand that my brother-in-law owns a dealership! Hurt my heart! I WANT TO COME SEE YOU! soon? Love ya!

February 22, 2008 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

That is truly hilarious...wish I could have been there when Rachael picked you up...heck, I just wish I could see the two of you...miss ya!

February 22, 2008 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Leah,
you are seriously crazy, but hey i already knew this!!!!hope life goes a little smoother for you!!!! it's been a while since i have heard from you! thought you were in georgia again? anyway it is too bad the lost guy wasn't cute and the tow truck driver was cute or charming better luck next time! you lookin good
Dawn (emmett) Parini

February 22, 2008 at 4:15 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

So how come you have a blog for like a WEEK and you've got 200 different people commenting on it? And I have a blog--which I update much too regularly I might add--for like three months and I've got maybe three people who comment on it. You suck. I guess I'm so old my peeps don't know what blogs are or how to comment on them. HA! (Not YOU, Elizabeth!)

February 22, 2008 at 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home